Wednesday, 3 February 2010

Lamentation

Don't worry, this isn't a neo-emotistic post. I am merely lamenting the loss of my senses.

THIS TIME LAST TERM I WAS AT LEAST 50% THROUGH MY FIRST TWO ESSAYS
This term, I'm about 50% through the research of my first essay. Nice. Just panicking a little. Not to mention that I shall probably take my lecturer's awesome book, Crusading and the Crusader States (Andrew Jotischky. Buy it), with me to Bournemouth, but with also very probably not really get a lot of it read. I only need to read that book as it is INCREDIBLY good for finding out all the events and possible theories about failures and successes with each crusade in a lovely, clearly written manner. That and my lecturer = <3. We all want to adopt him and take him home to keep as a pet.

AT HOME I USED TO DRINK SOUP MADE OF HOT WATER AND A QUARTER CHICKEN STOCK CUBE
Since levelling up in the world, and therefore having to pay and provide myself with my own nutrition-based needs, it has not even occurred to me to save about £2 per cup of soup by doing the above. Instead I've been buying other flavoured soups, of which I tend to favour the chicken anyway, so there was very little point.
It was only on browsing a guy at Uni's Live Journal space that I made this realisation, since he made a short post describing how to make said ''soup''.
Currently we are having a casual conversation on his wall about stockcube soup. We are therefore thoroughly awesome.

I AM ALLOWING TOO MUCH OF MY TIME TO BE TAKEN UP BY PROCRASTINATION
However it must be stressed that I do actually do work, and I have made plenty of notes for the next few seminars (except this week's... somehow I can't bring myself to finish it. I also can't get hold of some resources, so may have to ask my ''partner'' for this seminar what she thinks).
I'm also supposed to have a shower and get dressed for a meeting at 5. I'm currently still sitting in my dressing gown, writing this, instead.

MY ROOM IS IN AN ALMOST-CONSTANT STATE OF DISARAY
Family and friends from home will think this normal, but really, considering how when all my stuff's at home, in a larger room, with still limited space it's a fair(ish) claim, it's rather hard to keep a box-room overfilled with junk tidy if a lot of said junk is composed of books, papers, sheets, plastic folders, lunch time's plate, necessities such as my medication and hair drier, and the washing bag at the foot of my bed next to the bin. There is just no where to put all of it - I've got very full and tidy shelves. In fact, considering how full it is, and how unused a lot of things are, I'm even taking a lot of stuff home with me at Easter to leave at home until I have a whole house to put them in.

MY BRAIN WON'T STOP SINGING THE SONG AFTER WHICH THIS BLOG PAGE IS TITLED
I don't even think my brain fully knows the chorus words at some points, but there we go. It's irritating. Here I am reading about Frederick II's lazy-assed attempts to get troops to Damietta in 1220, when I've suddenly got 'Pretty Balanced' in my head, demonstrating that it's entirely true that my mind IS a box and things are either put in or taken out. 

EVERYBODY HAS LIVEJOURNAL
Ok. Maybe it's cool to be different, but on searching for a relocation location for my blog, I hadn't even considered livejournal. Does this mean I'm the lamest kid on the block?  At least the profile pages on Blogger are way nicer than the livejournal ones, no matter how customisable a space it is.

No comments: